Monday, August 16, 2010

Fabric Review: Patricia Bravo's Spellbound (Chalky Silhouettes) and Girly Girl (Berry Whispers)

The first time I received a package of Art Gallery Fabrics, I instantly fell in love! I had Chalky Silhouettes from the Spellbound collection and Berry Whispers from the Girly Girl collection. The designer, Patricia Bravo, had done a wonderful job in all her collections. What caught my eye the most about the Chalky Silhouettes was that the cotton had a sheen to it - simply luxurious! Both were very light weight - making them perfect for summer apparel. The fabric widths were 44" and made of 100% premium cotton. They were priced slightly higher than other designer fabric and you will understand why once you get your hands on them! The Chalky Silhouettes fabric did not bleed when I washed it for the first time, but the Berry Whispers did. I was so relieved to have prewashed the fabrics before sewing! I would recommend you to do the same, mostly because of the bleeding and shrinkage issues (though I tend not to prewash if I can avoid it). I thoroughly enjoyed my sewing time with the fabrics as they were very easy to work with. Beautiful!! What more can I say.... Check out these inspirational photos.

Happy fabric shopping!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails