Monday, August 23, 2010

Tutorials Found: Messenger Bag, Zippered Pocket, Slip Pocket, & Magnetic Clasps


When my little sis had a sneak peek at some of the fabrics I wanted to sell, she immediately asked for one of the prints from the A is for Alligator line by Jillian Phillips for Hoffman Fabrics. She asked me to make her a new messenger bag. I had never made a messenger bag before, so as usual, I decided to scout for an easy tutorial. I found a really nice one by Bonnie of Fishsticks & Fries. However, I decided to add a few details to the bag by trying out a few other tutorials by Autum of Creative Little Daisy, and in the end I came up with a messenger bag that had a zippered pocket, a slip pocket, and magnetic clasps. I did have a minor accident when putting on the magnetic clasps (ie cutting the fabric in the wrong place! yikes!), so I covered it up with some applique pieces using Steam-a-Seam 2. It was a first of sorts and I'm quite happy with the outcome. When I tried it on, it looked like a nice diaper bag as well. Hihi. Hope she'll like her new bag.






Click on this link for the messenger bag tutorial.

Click on this link for the zippered pocket, slip pocket, and magnetic clasps tutorial.

2 comments:

Bonnie @ Hem Me In said...

oooo . . . I love it! Such fun fabric.

craft art journal said...

Thank you! And your tutorial was great - I just had to recommend it. Thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails