Friday, August 13, 2010

Tutorial Found: Crochet Hook Roll


My lovely 80-year-old grandmother has been knitting and crocheting since she was young. She would always give her handmade gifts to everyone in the family - whether it was a pair of knitted baby booties, a crochet doily to decorate a table, a pair of knitted socks, or even a knitted kopiah, and that's just to name a few. She loves passing on the knowledge and had even taught my father knitting in his younger days. I learnt some knitting from her last year, and this year, my younger brother has been knitting away with her. She loves sharing her life-long experiences and handmade gifts were always a treat. So when I found this great tutorial for a crochet hook roll by Ms Jo - I knew that I just had to make one for her! My grandmother loves cats, so I decided to use some cat fabric from Alexander Henry's 'Tangles' collection. The tutorial was really easy to follow, but the hard part for me was that I was sewing through many layers towards the end. I also skipped the small needle pocket. All in all, I had fun making it! Hope she'll like the gift.


Click on this link to go to tutorial.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails